July 19, 2004

I am afraid of big hills.
We have been in Cape Breton Highlands National Park since yesterday evening and the drive up and down and around the mountain has scared the shit out of me - to the point of illogical frenzy. I can barely look up but the scenery is so beautiful I can't help it.

I think this (we're headed to Ingonish Beach at the south shore of Cape Breton, the other side of the park) is where I'll send Sue-Sue a postcard from.
We have stopped to check out our 3rd moose spotting. When 3 or more cars are stopped on the side of the road, that = a moose spotting. This one's a female, so ironically, it's not much to see - perhaps some stockings and a garter belt would have made a difference?

Charlie picked some daisies for me near Pleasant Bay and they are lovely. He's been amazing. We're at 445m in height on top of North Mountain right now. I am on moose-watch. My private little joke in the past day has been to chuckle at all the "Charlie's Music Store" signs we've passed.

Must get booze at next available place. According to some folks we just met on Little Smokey, we're headed for Big Smokey (holy F#@k!) I thought this was already big enough.
Right now, it is 11:00am in Toronto, and at the office, and I don't even care one iota about what is going on in that place. The Cabot Trail drive continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment