July 29, 2004

I can't believe I haven't written since Monday! Of course, talking to you yesterday was kind of my therapy writing for the day. We stayed in Grosse Morne on Monday night. It is a beautiful national park with so many things to do. We went on 2 hikes, checked out the pond at Water Brook pond (?) it's supposed to be the purest lake in the world, almost completely surrounded by mountains. We also stayed (that night) in Shallow Bay - it's 4km of white sandy beach. Tuesday afternoon we found ourselves heading for the ferry at Port aux Basques, to go back to Nova Scotia and civilization.

Note: re: the purest lake. I wanted to pee in it just to keep it from disappointment later when someone else would be sure to defile its purity - and funnily enough, you mentioned that on the phone, days later, and Charlie and I joked about it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment