July 18, later that day

Last night's drive was scary! driving up and down a very steep mountain-hill to get to Old Shipyard Beach campground. What a great place!

We woke up to fog all around us. At midnight the water was very close because the tide was in and in the morning it had disappeared. Charlie and I took a drive up to Chignecto Bay to see the "3 Sisters" and it was very off-road. I never knew I was such a scaredy cat.

We parked the van as far as we could take it and then biked to the trail - parked the bikes as far as we could take them (hid them in the bush) and hiked the rest of the way - Charlie was a great hiking guide. The scenery was majestic.


The sisters looked like this picture. Imagine water all the way up to almost the very top of the points of these standing rock-islands when the tide was in, and this was them when the tide was out - over 75' high.
The Bay of Fundy was magical. I felt like I belonged there.
We passed a store with the name McCallister on it (like Craig!).

I angered Charlie only once or twice today. I've been nagging about him driving too fast and he said "well then why don't you f**king drive??!!" and I shut up.

I drove the VW for the first time today on the way back from Chignecto to the TransCanada Hwy. I also ate a McLobster for the first time. As I had feared, the experience was very anti-climactic (the McLobster).
We are now on our way to Cape Breton island - the very top (tip?) of it to camp there tonite.

Last night, as we rolled into our campsite at around 12:00am - in preparing for bed, etc., we heard a voice in the dark from the next campsite over - "ENOUGH with the doors!!", and even though irked, I admired the directness of the command.

No comments:

Post a Comment