July 20 5:30pm

We arrived in Labrador around 2:30pm - drove around and turned back toward the ferry to board it going back to Newfoundland at 3:30pm. Short trip. I, in my award-winning stellar performance as the patient and supportive girlfriend - said NOTHING.
Against every urge in every fibre of my being - I took this wasted (in my viewpoint) journey and turned it into a spontaneous adventure. Very hard to use this, though, and throw it back at C in an argument when you've already been the wonderful girlfriend.

We had the big chat about money and got that out of our system - I guess I was being very "Lena" by noticing that he was starting to really take us to the brink of empty not-a-drop-left when it was my turn to pay for gas and when it was his turn he'd fill up when there was still over a quarter tank left. I KNOW he's not being that petty. Calm reasoning has once again taken over.
What I wanted to write about earlier, but forgot, was that the trees in this area (down the Atlantic side of the Northern tip of Newfoundland) all look like they are permanently wind-blown in one direction - away from the ocean. The wind most likely blows on the coast off the water 90% of the time.
Anyway, a very good life lesson if you choose to see it. Life may not always be "on your side" - blowing the wind in your favour, but these trees certainly find a way to co-exist with the ocean's force - so why are we so often far less resilient? This was my own private little reminder to just let things happen - "everything is unfolding as it should".

We just stopped in Pine's Cove on our way to St. Anthony's where we will go iceberg and whale watching - but the reason we stopped was because there was a beached baby whale on the rocks - about 30 feet from the side of the road. Charlie got up close to it and made me film it - with him next to it. My witty camera banter for the viewers at home went something like this: "there's C___ next to a beached whale - (someone off camera yells out to tell him to get on top of its back) ...so I continue... "ya sweety, get up on it!" (aside, while camera is rolling, to the guy next to me I remark that he doesn't even like seafood). I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment