July 30, 2004

Charlie, I have decided, is a worthy opponent.

"... cause maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me..." is playing in the background (Wonderwall by Oasis).


I've had an amazing day. One of the best this whole trip. We went tidal bore rafting this morning, had a great steak for lunch, and then we decided to skip our last night's campsite and head for home. I'm so happy to be going home. I'm getting friendlier by the mile.


back to catching up... By Wednesday morning we were headed for Halifax and got there in time to have dinner there and walk around the pier. I didn't have to cook - yeh! 2 nights in Halifax and we went out for dinner both nights! I now know why my mother enjoys being taken out so much. I even found my self saying "next time we'll take a different vacation, one where we get waited on hand and foot - no dishes, no cooking".

I could see the look of hurt feelings (I knew it so well) coming across his face - so I quickly recovered the ball - besides I REALLY have enjoyed this time away - but it's nice to change things up.

The Tall Ships were nice but they weren't so tall and not as cool as I was led to believe. My favourite was the Mexican ship where I got to take a picture with the handsome captain - all other crew looked like clones of Carlos, 5'1" former store manager of #49!

Our second night in Halifax, I had bad pub food and a Keith's beer since they f*#%ing make such a big deal about the only beer they make here in Nova Scotia. All I keep thinking of is that crazy f*#%er in the kilt on the Alexander Keith's commercials.

It was ok, better than the food - good label. Charlie also had one (and I was still painfully aware of how upset he got when I nixed the tour of the brewery on our first night - $10 to walk around and hear how great the beer is!?). Who needs it!? I'd rather buy myself dinner.

Having not been completely satisfied with dinner, I was determined to get a Beaver's Tail for dessert - pure heaven! Deep fried pastry with sugar & cinnamon sprinkled on + lemon squeezed over it. Charlie took 2 bites of mine but was sulking as he was tired and wanted to go back to the van to sleep (in the parking lot one street up from the harbour - actually pretty cool digs).




No comments:

Post a Comment